Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Snowing in the Desert!

Two days ago my family and I woke up to a wonderful surprise...SNOW! Las Vegas is known for its flip-flop (slippers) melting, scorching hot summer. But, what a nice way to start the New Year to wake up to little snowflakes falling down, leaving a white blanket of snow. We had four inches total and my neighbors and my family took advantage by making snow angels and snowmen in front of our homes. Snow in the desert, is a funny contradiction, but one that was greatly appreciated and left everyone in a childish mood. I went to work with a smile on my face, giddy about how fresh and white our city looked. Don't get me wrong I would not want to live in a place where snow was the constant status-quo, but I was delighted to feel like I lived (even if it was for one day) in a place where I could have a snowball fight with the hubby!


xoxo,
B;)

No comments:

Post a Comment